Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gromit's Adventures in the Land of Bookbinding

For those who did not recognize yet this character, I introduce you to Gromit, very intelligent dog and companion of Wallace, famous creation from the great comics of Nick Park. Originally they were made of plasticine and filmed with stop motion clay animation. My Gromit here, on the other hand, is made of polymer clay and is an expert in bookbinding inventions. It measures 27 cm from head to toe and it was a present for my boyfriend who is a huge fan. It was custom made by my sister who makes beautiful polymer clay dolls.

So today I got bored of the classic photo set up for my books and Gromit here helped me out with it. I think these are the tiniest books I've made so far!



9 comments:

Beth Stone said...

Love it all - Gromit and the books - beautiful!

Joei Rhode Island said...

I **love** Gromit. Clever and silent...the perfect read-a-holic.

Louise said...

Oh my goodness! These are the most beautiful tiny little books I have ever laid eyes on!!!!! I want to have one for myself!!!!

Gize bookbinding said...

Oh Teo!
So cute, I Love it.
Gromit is so funny. I like the way you put your lovely tiny books along Gromit.
Big hugs :0)

Unknown said...

That is just fabulous. I love Grommit too and he definitely helps sell the books. It is so cute and different than the usual display!

Teo said...

:) I'm so glad you liked my Gromit! Thanks a lot for your sweet comments.

ArtPropelled said...

Gromit is charming and your exquisite little books are absolutely perfect.
Teo, thank you so much for all the help you've given me regarding my website. Much appreciated!

Koza domowa said...

So charming and lovely!

Ruusu said...

Wow, those books are absolutely fantastic!